Manuals (collection of in-house manuals, local access only)
- Instructions for taking part in the departments BAG time.
Protein Registration-All proteins sent on synchrotron trips must be registered first.
How to set up remote access
ROCK IMAGER Manuals:
- Plates Loading/Unloading and Imaging, ROCK-IMAGER_Manuals-Plates_Loading_and_Imaging-v2017.8-2
- Setting Up Crystallisation Plates, v2012.1 (download pdf)
General Safety Notes
- No food or drink is allowed anywhere in the X-ray, Crystallisation and Crystallisation Robotics rooms.
- Always wear lab coats, protective goggles and gloves while handling liquid nitrogen and never wear open-top shoes.
- Never undertake any repair work on the X-ray equipment.
- In the event of general fire alarm, leave the rooms immediately and go to assembly point outside of the building. Find any member of facility support staff and inform them of the status of the X-ray equipment (i.e. powered up, collecting data).
- Local Rules (download pdf) must be read and rigorously followed by all users !
- Risk Assessment X-ray/X1 – X-ray Data Collection (download pdf) and its Appendix A (download pdf)
- For any questions regarding the X-ray safety contact the local Radiation Protection Supervisor (RPS) – Dr Dima Chirgadze, dyc21 at cam.ac.uk.
Other Safety Aspects:
- Risk Assessment X-ray/C3 – Cryogens (download pdf)
- Risk Assessment X-ray/E1 – Electrical Equipment (download pdf)