The Crystallographic X-ray Facility at the Department of Biochemistry, University of Cambridge houses crystallisation robots; crystal growth-monitoring/imaging system; a rotating anode generator with CCD detector for single crystal X-ray diffraction studies, and computer infrastructure equipped with a variety of crystallographic software.
Facility services are provided on a fee basis and include:
- access to the Facility’s instruments
- consultations on protein purification, crystallisation and crystal optimisation
- assistance in X-ray diffraction crystal screening, data collection, processing, structure determination, refinement and analysis
- assistance in installation of a wide variety of Protein Crystallography software on Linux (OpenSuse, Ubuntu) and Mac OS X operating systems
- training in Protein Crystallography techniques
If you are interested in using the facility please contact the Facility Manager: Dr Dima Chirgadze (dyc21 at cam.ac.uk).